As a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service, donations to the Great Lakes Lighthouse Keepers Association are tax deductible to the fullest extent of current tax laws.
A donation to GLLKA can take many forms:
· Cash, check or credit card
· Future gifting
· Real property such as boats, cars or real estate.
· Wire Transfers and Gifts of Securities
· Equipment and supplies
· Lighthouse artifacts and books
Donations at every level are vital to our continued operations, with one-third of our annual operating budget coming directly from individual gifts.
Contributions can be made to support a variety of different purposes, such as:
· To help grow our endowment funds to better ensure long-term sustainability
· To fund Lighthouse restoration and preservation
· To support our education outreach programs
· To support a specific project
· To serve as a memorial gift for a departed loved one
· As a celebration of a wedding, birthday or anniversary
To donate securely online, simply click on the "donate" button above. To make a donation by check or money order, click the link below to download a printable form to complete and mail. Or call us at any time during business hours at 231-436-5580 to use any major credit card or to ask any questions.